Higher diploma in Visual Arts and Design for Printing
The Advanced Vocational Training Module in Graphic Design for Printing offers both creative and technical tools to address graphic design and communication projects on printed media.
It will involve working on Design and Visual Communication projects in the fields of creativity, publishing, graphic identity and computer graphics.
The focus will be on creating clear concepts, mastering the use of typeface design and employing various material and printed-reproduction resources to create communication pieces that are both singular and functional.
Students will learn how to design, organise and carry out the different phases of a graphic project, its conceptualisation, subsequent tracking and quality control in the graphics industry in order to obtain a product that delivers on the initial communication objectives.
- Graphic designers work either freelance or in companies or studios related to graphic design, graphic arts, the press and publishing design, advertising, the design and creation of teaching materials and signage, among others.
- Design of graphic products for reproduction.
- Creation of visual images for products or services in different communication channels.
- Organisation of publishing productions.
- Production supervision in pre-printing processes.
- Graphic image design of products, teaching materials, corporate images, etc.
- Artistic/technical consulting and training.
On-the-job training can be carried out at the same time as the modules, or intensively at the end of the year, or during the final project. The work placement phase must preferably be done during second year.
Work placement objectives
- To guide students in developing a clearer idea about their own abilities and interests.
- To facilitate transition into work and train qualified professionals for the workplace.
- The following are specific objectives regarding artistic and vocational qualification:
- Significant learning of contemporary practices and technologies in a real corporate or institutional work environment.
Structure and Content of the Two Academic Years
|Content of modules||ECTS|
|Graphic Design Basis||6|
|Visual expression and representation basis||6|
|Training and Careers Guidance||3|
|Graphic Image History||6|
|Créditos de libre disposición (Soporte P.I.)||6|
|Industrial Graphics Production||8|
|Graphic Design for Printing Projects||27|
|Graphic Design Expression Techniques||9|