Higher diploma in Visual Arts and Design for Mural Arts
The Advanced Vocational Training Module in Mural Arts is targeted at training experts in the field of visual intervention by developing their artistic creations with 2D and 3D media, and by taking an in-depth look at the knowledge of traditional techniques, procedures and materials, as well as the use of the extensive range of resources that enable contemporary technologies in the various fields of artistic application.
Mural art professionals can offer creative solutions that inter-relate languages and techniques and directly impact the aesthetic and functional substrate of our society.
Meeting the course objectives involves having training based on different artistic and technical disciplines, including traditional ones such as painting, murals, architectural ornamentation, poster art, illustration and stage design, and more contemporary ones such as artistic collaborations in the fields of advertising, video and ad making, computer graphics and audiovisual montages. Students also gain a broad vision of their expressive possibilities and an experimental spirit, good technical mastery and the ability to reason regarding art, thus qualifying them to design and implement projects.
- Creation and production of pictorial works and murals, either of their own design or other professionals. Art installations, stage design, props and ornamentation for theatre, film, television, multimedia resources, computer graphics and various spaces concerning artistic representation and expression.
- Fixtures for urban spaces: assemblies for exhibitions, museums, trade fairs, congresses, sociocultural activities, public and private buildings, religious centres and commercial spaces.
- Ornamentation, renovation, maintenance and rehabilitation of the architectural and heritage environment in the field of mural art.
- Artwork dissemination and management.
Artistic and technical training and consulting.
Work placement objectives
To facilitate transition into work and train qualified professionals for the workplace.
To identify and provide a detailed analysis of skills and career expectations.
To consolidate the skills learnt through on-the-job experience by building on the knowledge learnt through workplace and vocational experience.
To provide practical training in accordance with agreements between the Catalan Ministry of Education, the educational establishment and the business or organisation.
The professional placement tutor coordinates and prepares the IT and vocational guidance resources, as well as supervising each student in their on-the-job training.
The final project is of a global nature and includes all the different areas of academic and technical knowledge covered in the course. It is designed to showcase the students’ achievements and proficiency regarding the knowledge, processes, techniques and skills required to work in the field and to further their careers within the specialty and demonstrate the level attained.
The objectives are:
- Use and mastery of the theoretical and practical skills needed for project development.
- Planning and structuring of the work process.
- Presentation and defence of the project before an assessment committee.
Structure and Content of the Two Academic Years
|Content of Modules||Module Hours||Hours per Week|
|1st year||2nd year|
|History of Mural Art||105||3|
|History of Contemporary Arts||60||2|
|Artistic Drawing and Projects||225||3||5|
|Work Methodology and Management||60||2|
|Pictorial Language Expression Workshop||390||6||6|
|Ornamental Mural Painting Workshop||180||3||3|
|Ceramic Tiling, Stucco and Sgraffito Workshop||180||3||3|
|Glass Making Workshop||180||5|
|Training and Professional Orientation||60||2|
|Training in Centres of Work||45|
|Total hours per course||1800|